Thread: Gun Malfunction: Chambered Rounds stuck

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Stopped by Cabela's and bought a box of the Federal 150gr Power Shok. Dropped one into the gun, the bolt didn't need 8000lbs of force to close, and it extracted no problem. Took some quick measurements with the caliper and the FGMM came in at 2.87 while the Power Shok was at only 2.66. SAAMI has the COAL for .308 at 2.800 so clearly it exceeds that number, but don't know if these are exceedingly long or not. All I can say for sure is they are bad juju for my gun.

Time to move onto some different ammo!!

Don't get me wrong I am fan of reloading, and hope one day I can wrap my head around it all, but it is not in the cards till at least next year. Then I can come visit the reloading forum and tell you about how my bullets are separating from the case and I need help!! :)
    AXIS 7mm-08 , 22-250

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
    Don't get me wrong I am fan of reloading, and hope one day I can wrap my head around it all, but it is not in the cards till at least next year. Then I can come visit the reloading forum and tell you about how my bullets are separating from the case and I need help!! :)
    I've been loading on a Lee Anniversary kit with a few additions to my set up for a little more than a year now. A tumbler, Lee kit, and rcbs trimmer with the 3 in 1 cutter, along with whatever dies you need will reload very accurate ammo. You could even adjust the seating depth on all the factory ammo you have that's to long!

I prefer RCBS FL and seating dies in conjunction with a Lee Collette die for neck sizing. You don't need thousands of dollars of reloading equipment to start. Couple hundred bucks and a few upgrades as you go. I'm shooting just as well as the guys using lab scales and the other 9yards of equipment on their tables, but I'm also about due for a rebarrel on my 243.