Thread: Savage 93-17 FV-SR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    posted a thread about one in 22hmr the other day. accurate as heck magazines suck. I tried some of my 93-17 mags in it today and they work fine. I called Savage and she is sending me a new mag
    for mine
    There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can do math and those who can't

lowyder993s
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster 50 View Post
    posted a thread about one in 22hmr the other day. accurate as heck magazines suck. I tried some of my 93-17 mags in it today and they work fine. I called Savage and she is sending me a new mag
    for mine
    Hey guys...quickly sniffing around here and can't find a post or two regarding savage mags. I bought 10 of the 5 rounders (90001)...not a freaking 1 of them works!!! GRRR...any hacks to get them to work?

Quote Originally Posted by lowyder993s View Post
    Hey guys...quickly sniffing around here and can't find a post or two regarding savage mags. I bought 10 of the 5 rounders (90001)...not a freaking 1 of them works!!! GRRR...any hacks to get them to work?
    Rimfire magazines generally have to be tuned a little if purchased separately. The one that comes with the rifle is tuned at the factory. basically you just need to tweak the feed lips a little to get the nose of the bullet to sit at the right height.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by J. Baker View Post
    Rimfire magazines generally have to be tuned a little if purchased separately. The one that comes with the rifle is tuned at the factory. basically you just need to tweak the feed lips a little to get the nose of the bullet to sit at the right height.
    Good to know, I just picked up a 93R 17 with the wood stock and heavy barrel in a trade.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.