Thread: Drone policy er I mean goose hunting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    I apologize in advance for my rant, but you just hit my hot button so I feel the need to enlighten. Read my lips, there are no drones flying over (civilian) America. None, nada, zip! Despite what you might have been hearing from the bobble-headed bleach blonds in the media, and unless you live on the Texas-Mexico border where you might actually see a Predator drone flying in the Air Defense Zone, the only "drones" in the sky are just radio controlled models, perhaps with a camera attached. So if you see one and feel it may be "spying" on you or your property", no need to waste a good shell, just look around and find the geek-person operating it and insist they take a powder. Might not be as much fun, but really………the whole thing about a future with drones over America is about as likely as the Zombie apocalypse. Or to put it another way, hobbyists have been putting video cameras in R/C models for over 20 years, so this is nothing new, nor had it evolved into "Big Brother" spying on us all, nor is likely to. As you point out with wonderful humor, too easy to defeat.
    I predict that in a few years this "drones over America fable" will cease to be interesting to the media, at which time drones, as well as zombies will become just another curious side note in history.

But if you plan to live in certain third world countries, well then, that's a whole different story! In that case, you should probably paint the words "hands up, don't shoot' on the roof top of your car

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post
    the whole thing about a future with drones over America is about as likely as the Zombie apocalypse.
    so, then, you are saying it is guaranteed to happen soon???