Thread: gotta love Shilen....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    LongRange
    i also went out yesterday and fire formed the other 50pcs of brass i had prepd and things didnt go so well. all the groups opened up with the largest being 2" and the smallest about 1"...after 15 rounds i was like WTF? i pulled the scope and checked base screws...all good...checked action screws SEVERAL times...all good...i then started playing with torque tuning and nothing changed. on saturday i couldnt set up my chrony because of the winds...yesterday was nice early but was calling for high winds again later so i had a chance to chrony some loads and needless to say they were all over the place...one group round 1 was 2837 and round 3 was 2927 and the rest were all in between. i had 10 rounds left and was sitting there waiting for the barrel to cool with a 100 things going through my mind as to what could be going on...fouled barrel?...the wind the day before blowing the bullets into the same hole(or REAL close)every time LOL!! well i grabbed 2 of the last 10 and started looking at them still thinking WTF is going on here?? then it came to me like a slap in the face...not one piece of brass had collet marks on them from the lee collet die!!
    i felt like a dumbass!! i was in such a hurry to beat the wind i forgot these cases needed to be neck sized.when i got home i read the sticky note i wrote and stuck on top of the box...FULLY PREPED NEED TO NECK SIZE!! the neck turning expander leaves the necks at .291 to .291.5 outside measurement after turning...the loaded neck size is .292...the cases on saturday were .289.5 to .290 after running through the LCD.

like i said i really feel like a dumbass and i wore my flame suit today because i know when yobuck reads this ill never live this one down LOL!!!
    Last edited by LongRange; 02-09-2015 at 10:05 AM.