I purchased my FCP-SR a couple of years ago. The first thing I noticed was the magazine rattle. I built the spacer to stop that problem and then I took it to the range. I used a Horus scope first and then a Vortex Viper PST FFP to sight it in. Both me and another shooter could not figure out where my bullets were hitting. We boresighted it and then took it back to the range. It was then that I found out that it is indeed a 0 MOA rail. I used all of my elevation in my scope just getting it on the paper. As you can tell I am OCD about my guns and not having any elevation (only about 8 clicks were left) on a gun which I wanted to use for 1000 yard shots made me very unhappy.

I shimmed the rail to adjust 20MOA. (a little bit of math, but nothing a good calculator couldn't handle) You can see at the back of the rail scope rail (at 1:15 in my video) there is a little silver piece between the rail and the receiver. That is a two part shim and bedding compound (JB Weld) that consists of two valve clearance adjustment gauges (0.38 and 0.36in if I recall correctly) to mathematically zero the scope so the lowest setting of the reticle and the bullet impact point were the same. Now I have full range of my scope and my zero at 100 yards is 1 inch high, but it is at the natural hard stop zero on my scope. I have the full range of elevation to reach out and touch the target.

Overall, I am happy with the rifle.

My review, the bottom metal is not very high quality and the magazine, while similar to a Accuracy International mag, is not interchangeable. The trigger is great and the stock is great. The threads are tight and my compensator stays snugly in place.

Overall, would I buy it again? I don't know. I think I might just build one from the ground up. (http://www.westernshooter.com/2009/1...age-rifle.html) I don't think I would buy bottom metal from the company that makes it for the Savage rifles, the tolerances are too loose and in my opinion not up to the quality I would want in a $1000 rifle.

The spacer does relieve the magazine rattle, but it is something that should have been fixed in the original design. If you have any questions please let me know.

Aaron
President of TitanRCK
Designer of the Savage Spacer and the Rapid Case Kicker.