Thread: About lost it at the range!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nandy
    Quote Originally Posted by D.ID View Post
    You can't fix stupid.
    You will never see me at a "proper" range, shooting with people I do not know..........Never again.
    I wish I had that option but it is not possible at this time. In a few years I might be able to sell this house and get a little place in the woods. One of the goals is for me to be able to have my own shooting range.

Fenrir
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandy View Post
    I wish I had that option but it is not possible at this time. In a few years I might be able to sell this house and get a little place in the woods. One of the goals is for me to be able to have my own shooting range.
    Yep, that would be the ultimate.

I have belonged to a number of shooting clubs around the country and have witnessed some bad behavior. A few of those observations are as follows:

The guy who brings his dog to the range and lets it run loose, including out in front of the firing line.

The guy who’s too lazy to put up a target at 300 yards so he shoots his Mosin-Nagant at a rock on the berm, frequently shooting over the top.

The guy who shows up with a .50 BMG caliber rifle and blows multiple holes through the steel gongs.

The guy who goes down range to change his targets, and then runs out of sight behind the target berm to take a pee.

The two guys who showed up drunk and burned up all their ammunition attempting to sight in, and failed. Then they got mad at the gun complaining that it was a piece of junk.

The guy who attempted to open his frozen bolt by beating on the bolt handle with a big rock, and broke the rock.

And my personal favorite...the “Bench Hog”. This is the guy who thinks that he is entitled to do anything he wants and spreads his stuff out on two or three shooting benches, no matter how busy the range may be. This is also the guy who becomes irritated when other shooters request to go down range.

These are my observations over many years of membership at a number of clubs. 99 percent of the members have been good common sense folks with just that 1 percent making things unpleasant or difficult at times for the rest of us. I suspect it’s that way in most anything we do in life.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
    Yep, that would be the ultimate.

I have belonged to a number of shooting clubs around the country and have witnessed some bad behavior. A few of those observations are as follows:

The guy who brings his dog to the range and lets it run loose, including out in front of the firing line.

The guy who’s too lazy to put up a target at 300 yards so he shoots his Mosin-Nagant at a rock on the berm, frequently shooting over the top.

The guy who shows up with a .50 BMG caliber rifle and blows multiple holes through the steel gongs.

The guy who goes down range to change his targets, and then runs out of sight behind the target berm to take a pee.

The two guys who showed up drunk and burned up all their ammunition attempting to sight in, and failed. Then they got mad at the gun complaining that it was a piece of junk.

The guy who attempted to open his frozen bolt by beating on the bolt handle with a big rock, and broke the rock.

And my personal favorite...the “Bench Hog”. This is the guy who thinks that he is entitled to do anything he wants and spreads his stuff out on two or three shooting benches, no matter how busy the range may be. This is also the guy who becomes irritated when other shooters request to go down range.

These are my observations over many years of membership at a number of clubs. 99 percent of the members have been good common sense folks with just that 1 percent making things unpleasant or difficult at times for the rest of us. I suspect it’s that way in most anything we do in life.
    Well whats wrong with using a rock if you forgot your hammer lol?

Got to love the "Bench Hog".
    I go to the range today and there are 10 tables and 4 guys, no room for me.
    Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Got to love the "Bench Hog".
    I go to the range today and there are 10 tables and 4 guys, no room for me.
    Guess I'll try again tomorrow.
    Somebody would have to move. That's ridiculously rude on their part.