Thread: Savage 6.5

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guess YMMV, there hasn't been ANY 260 ammo around here in the stores in many many moons. But there are piles of Creedmoor choices.

Honestly the difference between the 260 and CM is AT BEST, so insignificant, performance wise, that they are the same thing. It comes down to personally what you want.

260 is a 308, so is that hard to find brass for you? Personally that is the easier animal. The Creed brass can be made simply from 22-250 cases, but requires some cream-of-wheat and pistol powder - point to the 260.
    The Creed has a 30 degree shoulder, and TENDS to not strech brass as quickly. This is REALLY nit-picking, but to me, this is a point for the CM.
    The Creed has a much tighter(so far) chamber, in terms of freebore, etc. So the variation in chambers thus far seems to be much more controlled. - Point to the CM
    The CM so far, for me, seems to be more mild mannered than the 260 for fooling with load variations. YMMV, but to me, -- point to the CM.
    The CM due to design will more easily fit into a short action with LOOOONG bullets, compared to the 260.

Now does any of this really matter? The question is: Do you like Chocolate, or Vanilla?? There is no wrong way to eat a Reeses.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darkker View Post
    guess ymmv, there hasn't been any 260 ammo around here in the stores in many many moons. But there are piles of creedmoor choices.

Honestly the difference between the 260 and cm is at best, so insignificant, performance wise, that they are the same thing. It comes down to personally what you want.

260 is a 308, so is that hard to find brass for you? Personally that is the easier animal. The creed brass can be made simply from 22-250 cases, but requires some cream-of-wheat and pistol powder - point to the 260.
    The creed has a 30 degree shoulder, and tends to not strech brass as quickly. This is really nit-picking, but to me, this is a point for the cm.
    The creed has a much tighter(so far) chamber, in terms of freebore, etc. So the variation in chambers thus far seems to be much more controlled. - point to the cm
    the cm so far, for me, seems to be more mild mannered than the 260 for fooling with load variations. Ymmv, but to me, -- point to the cm.
    The cm due to design will more easily fit into a short action with loooong bullets, compared to the 260.

Now does any of this really matter? The question is: Do you like chocolate, or vanilla?? There is no wrong way to eat a reeses.
    nasa....√

Quote Originally Posted by homefrontsniper View Post
    nasa....√
    HA!
    Definitely no part of them, or any G agency.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.