Thread: Kahntrol Muzzle Brake

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2111 Marine View Post
    i just recently did this with my Witt Machine bolt on muzzle brake a couple weeks ago and it landed about 25 yrd away and it was from muzzle blast from my .308
    This is another one of those "buy once, cry once scenarios". You can't go wrong with a threaded barrel for a brake unless the Gunsmith screws up. A clamp on though may last through 1 shot to every shot you take, but at some point this is bound to happen unless shooting a small caliber.

I've seen one guy bring a rifle with a clamp on brake since I've been shooting competitions for the last 6 months or so before being deployed and before the end of the match I looked over and noticed it wasn't there anymore.

2111 Marine
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    This is another one of those "buy once, cry once scenarios". You can't go wrong with a threaded barrel for a brake unless the Gunsmith screws up. A clamp on though may last through 1 shot to every shot you take, but at some point this is bound to happen unless shooting a small caliber.

I've seen one guy bring a rifle with a clamp on brake since I've been shooting competitions for the last 6 months or so before being deployed and before the end of the match I looked over and noticed it wasn't there anymore.

Witt Machine received my brake last Monday and still awaiting a email or phone call on what the progress is !!

Quote Originally Posted by 2111 Marine View Post
    Witt Machine received my brake last Monday and still awaiting a email or phone call on what the progress is !!
    Good luck with the Witt brake--I've had three of them and the best result was neutral--basically no effect--and in one case was even worse than the standard birdcage flash suppressor on an AR. My standard for a good brake is elimination or significant reduction of muzzle-lift while not affecting accuracy or even improving accuracy. Recoil reduction is nice--but I don't care about it if the bullets are flying all over the place.
    Last edited by thermaler; 06-06-2014 at 05:26 AM.
    [B][COLOR="#FF8C00"]Shooting--it's like high-speed golf[/COLOR][/B]