Thread: Boyds Gunstocks now Available for the Savage B.MAG

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Crockett
    Quote Originally Posted by scope eye View Post
    I did except for that barrel alignment thingy.

Dean
    And you tightened the rear screw to spec and your safety still works? mine will go off, but there is no way it's coming back! I can get it to work with 1.5 rotations of the threads,(nowhere near tight) any further and it goes forward but won't come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
    And you tightened the rear screw to spec and your safety still works? mine will go off, but there is no way it's coming back! I can get it to work with 1.5 rotations of the threads,(nowhere near tight) any further and it goes forward but won't come back.
    Same here, Crapola back to the drawing board, is there a fix I read though the 100 + posts, and did not find anything.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Crockett
    Same here, Crapola back to the drawing board, is there a fix I read though the 100 + posts, and did not find anything.

Dean
    I'm going to the hardware store now for a couple of small stainless washers to put on the inside and see if that will make the screw shorter.

No matter what I do, I just can't seem to get that safety to work smoothly, and as much as I look a the area, I can not for the life of me see what they obstruction is, washers did not seem to make a difference.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Basic Member
    No matter what I do, I just can't seem to get that safety to work smoothly, and as much as I look a the area, I can not for the life of me see what they obstruction is, washers did not seem to make a difference.

Dean
    Does the safety work when the action is removed from the stock ? If so, take a small file and carefully dress all of the wood surfaces in the stock that maybe contacting the safety mechanism. Sometime its just a matter of squaring up a round corner.