Thread: 110 Firing Problems

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    GodandGunsCowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by BillPa View Post
    and if I can locate them I'll copy them to the pic posting site I use now.

Anywho, you only want .035-.040" bench firing pin protrusion. Since the primer anvil stops the indentation at about .020" any more only shortens the pin fall and reduces primer impact energy. If the protrusion is .055" the pin fall is shortened .035". With .035" protrusion its only shortened .015". That mere .020" means more time for the spring to accelerate the pin assembly and create more primer impact energy, that pesky E=mass*velocity2.

But, before attacking anything, I'd rip it apart and give it a thorough cleaning, trigger,sear, bolt interior, pin assembly, bolthead bore ....everything! From experience cleaning a used gun is usually it's first....ever!

Bill
    I want to adjust the protrusion at the front of the pin and then back that stop pin off of the cutout in the bolt when the firing pin is in the forward position. Correct?

It's been cleaned a time or two since I've had it, but a good bath won't hurt it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GodandGunsCowboy View Post
    I want to adjust the protrusion at the front of the pin and then back that stop pin off of the cutout in the bolt when the firing pin is in the forward position. Correct?
    Basically your adjusting the firing pin assembly length to the bolt body you have.

First set the protrusion then adjust the cocking piece so the cocking piece pin has a just a bit of clearance at the bottom of the cocking ramp, maybe .010" or so. The amount of clearance isn't real critical, keeping it close only insures the fining pin spring is compressed as much as possible when cocking the bolt.

Bill
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.