Thread: New rifle, new to Savage.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I like the Weaver #45's as they're a little taller and will give you enough clearance for lens caps on a 40mm objective. With the factory bases a 40mm is so tight that the barrel caps won't fit.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

EvilBetty
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Baker View Post
    I like the Weaver #45's as they're a little taller and will give you enough clearance for lens caps on a 40mm objective. With the factory bases a 40mm is so tight that the barrel caps won't fit.
    What rings are you using? Is there a reason you didn't use the #24's and taller rings?

I was actually thinking about going with something like the EGW 1 peice with a 20 MOA rise for use in silhouette. Aside from shipping the #24/#45 mounts are there other MKII mounts that have built in slope?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBetty View Post
    What rings are you using? Is there a reason you didn't use the #24's and taller rings?

I was actually thinking about going with something like the EGW 1 peice with a 20 MOA rise for use in silhouette. Aside from shipping the #24/#45 mounts are there other MKII mounts that have built in slope?
    I use Burris Signature Zee medium height rings on most every gun I have. Only time I've found I need their high rings is if I'm using a scope with a 50mm or larger objective. I almost always stock with a 40-44mm objective so I tend to grab a few extra sets of the mediums when I can find them.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

shanejohnson2002
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Baker View Post
    I use Burris Signature Zee medium height rings on most every gun I have. Only time I've found I need their high rings is if I'm using a scope with a 50mm or larger objective. I almost always stock with a 40-44mm objective so I tend to grab a few extra sets of the mediums when I can find them.
    Seconded. I use DNZ game reapers on some of my other guns (and I love them!), but if you're using a rail instead of a one-piece, Zee rings are hard to beat.