Thread: New Mark II BTVLSS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cjd3
    Here it is from today day at the range.
    I mounted my old Leupold VX-1 on some old rings, and just put on a Champion Bi-pod.

Here are today's results:

Started in the center with CCI Mini Mags. Some windage adjustments.
    Moved up and left to shoot some American Eagle 38 GR copper coated HPs. Some windage adjustments.
    Moved over to the top right to continue shooting the same rounds, no adjustments.
    Moved down to the bottom right to shoot some American Eagle 40gr round nose.
    Then moved over to the bottom right to shoot some Remington Thunderbolt 40gr round nose.

All shot at 50 yards, with some variable wind, but nothing too bad.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjd3 View Post
    Here it is from today day at the range.
    I mounted my old Leupold VX-1 on some old rings, and just put on a Champion Bi-pod.

Here are today's results:

Started in the center with CCI Mini Mags. Some windage adjustments.
    Moved up and left to shoot some American Eagle 38 GR copper coated HPs. Some windage adjustments.
    Moved over to the top right to continue shooting the same rounds, no adjustments.
    Moved down to the bottom right to shoot some American Eagle 40gr round nose.
    Then moved over to the bottom right to shoot some Remington Thunderbolt 40gr round nose.

All shot at 50 yards, with some variable wind, but nothing too bad.
    WOW looks like T bolts are the go to round. I used to shoot them when I was a yout and couldn't get Federal Lightning.
    Aries by birth, Taurus by choice.

Basic Member
    I'll file that Tbird group away for future reference. My rifle did not care for any high velocity ammo, regardless of brand, as defined by small groups. Standard velocity ammo spanks the Hi Vels. However, I haven't tested Tbirds yet and now I will put them on my to-do list. Thanks,

Hoot
    In [b]Theory[/b], there is no difference between theory and practice. In [b]Practice[/b], there is.

Cjd3
    Never thought about the difference between high and low velocity rounds. More fun to be had in the future.

paperkite
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjd3 View Post
    Never thought about the difference between high and low velocity rounds. More fun to be had in the future.
    I would never have guessed that the drag ( friction ) from a bullet going High Velocity and slowing to Sub sonic would distort the bullets path... and that staying in sub sonic the bullet does not encounter that drag ( friction ) that throws it off course . If one could keep the .22 LR bullet in high velocity flight , then possibley the drag ( friction ) of slowing down would not effect it.. Now the task for bench shooters is to find which sub sonic bullet works best in / with :
    1) which rifle
    2) which round
    3) which distance
    4) which conditions
    and which works best shooting nusiance or pest / varmits ...
    I tell ya , the good Lord put so many things on this earth for us to discover , it is truly amazing when we see the results of His handi work in the natural setting . Why, a person could witnes for God and be a shooter and never run out of things to talk about or things to shoot !