Thread: 110BA versus 110 (plane jane vanila)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You could always buy a model 116 Alaskan hunter in 375 Ruger to use. It is a large shank action. You can find them for under $600, it's what I am going to use when I get around to building a 338 Norma Mag.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shoalwater View Post
    You could always buy a model 116 Alaskan hunter in 375 Ruger to use. It is a large shank action. You can find them for under $600, it's what I am going to use when I get around to building a 338 Norma Mag.
    I think I'm going to save my pennies and just go with a custom action. Probably the Stiller Tac338. Heard lots of good things about it. I'm not in any hurry to build this, but wanted to roadmap it and figure out generally what kind of money I am staring at.

bodywerks
    Quote Originally Posted by capreppy View Post
    I think I'm going to save my pennies and just go with a custom action. Probably the Stiller Tac338. Heard lots of good things about it. I'm not in any hurry to build this, but wanted to roadmap it and figure out generally what kind of money I am staring at.
    Just did exactly that. Ordered it with a 40MOA base, and its getting a Bartlein barrel up front, jewel trigger on bottom, and nesting in an XLR chassis.
    Order it now - they are three months out on delivery.