First Post- Thought this would be the place to "introduce" myself.
My name is Ray and I live in NC. I have a 1940 .300 Savage Model 99. It has a Pachmayr "low-swing" scope-mount with Unertl 4x Hawk mounted. The sling is an Uncle-Mikes.. but I'm not sure when it was added. It was on the gun when I got it (used). This has been my deer-rifle since 1977. While it's no collectors dream, it's in very nice condition. I'm just beginning to get into these guns.. and found this site only yesterday.

I was interested in this gun, because my Grandfather and Mother both hunted with them. I remember taking my first deer in 1973 with Grandad's, in Titusville, Pa. It was only a 4-pointer... but was probably my most memorable. My mother took a dressed 220lb 10-point from on top our garage @ 305 paces (approx 220yrds) with her's. Grandad bought her rifle for her 16th birthday.
When I get back home (Erie, Pa), I will try to get serials and more info on each of their guns.
I also have a Stevens Model 311 series H, 16ga side-by-side... that I got for my 14th or 15th birthday. It's in good condition over-all, but I really scratched up the stock and forearm small-gaming with it (kids! no respect for their stuff!)..

To return back on-topic.. here's a couple pictures of my Lever.

I would like to find the correct rear site for it...

Ray