Thread: Blade on accutrigger

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    barthowes
    i don't understand the recent "trend in threads" on problems with the accutrigger. I own a .22mag, model 116 in 30-06, model 16 in 358win, and a model 220 in 20ga all with accutriggers. NEVER HAD A SINGLE MALFUNCTION..... PERIOD. now i do understand if the trigger is set too low of a poundage it may cause a problem. But other than that EVERYONE else needs to learn how to properly and correctly hold a gun and pull the trigger. That is the only problem, not the trigger.
    Last edited by barthowes; 02-18-2013 at 02:33 PM.

bodywerks
    Quote Originally Posted by barthowes View Post
    i don't understand the recent "trend in threads" on problems with the accutrigger. I own a .22mag, model 116 in 30-06, model 16 in 358win, and a model 220 in 20ga all with accutriggers. NEVER HAD A SINGLE MALFUNCTION..... PERIOD. now i do understand if the trigger is set too low of a poundage it may cause a problem. But other than that EVERYONE else needs to learn how to properly and correctly hold a gun and pull the trigger. That is the only problem, not the trigger.
    How does how i pull on the trigger have anything to do with a sear that never engaged when i cycled the bolt? That has nothing to do with me or my trigger pulling technique. I had that happen on two different rifles at factory settings, unmodified by myself or anyone else (purchased factory new by me). I cycle the bolt, go to pull the trigger and find the accurelease locked up because the sear never engaged.
    They are probably a great hunting trigger, but as a target trigger, no thanks. Unreliable below about 3 pounds.
    Last edited by bodywerks; 02-18-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Basic Member
    thanks for all the information guys.I have a few things to check and then see what I can do with these arthritic fingers of mine