Thread: 114 american classic 30.06

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Eastman
    Yeah, having just read the wikipedia article, I have to agree. All those quotes from some very experienced shooters has convinced me that what you say is correct. Almost on a par with the .270 trajectory, is surprising. I think my next rifle could very well be in 7mm-08. I see you have a Marlin XS7 listed. How do you like it?

Roger SS
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastman View Post
    Yeah, having just read the wikipedia article, I have to agree. All those quotes from some very experienced shooters has convinced me that what you say is correct. Almost on a par with the .270 trajectory, is surprising. I think my next rifle could very well be in 7mm-08. I see you have a Marlin XS7 listed. How do you like it?
    Embarrasing to say but haven't even fired it yet. Everyone else with one says it shoots great with lower recoil than .30-06 or .308 Can't wait to get a scope for it and break it in at the range...soon! lol

Eastman
    Well I hope it shoots great!! Thanks for the info. It's 12-45am here in New Brunswick Canada, so I'm off to bed. Hope to chat again soon.
    Regards,
    John

Roger SS
    Well I hope it shoots great!! Thanks for the info. It's 12-45am here in New Brunswick Canada, so I'm off to bed. Hope to chat again soon.
    Regards,
    John
    Thanks John. Talk to you later.

Eastman
    Hi again guys,
    Just wondered if anyone could tell me if Leupold low rings would fit my 114 American classic 30.06. I have on medium rings at the moment with the Leupold VX11 a/o 4-12x40 scope ( See pics in earlier thread ) There is about 3/8 inch space left under front of scope. I like my scope as close to barrel as I can get it. My rings are std. If low will fit, I will try to trade for them...if anyone has any!
    Thanks John

Roger SS
    Hi again guys,
    Just wondered if anyone could tell me if Leupold low rings would fit my 114 American classic 30.06. I have on medium rings at the moment with the Leupold VX11 a/o 4-12x40 scope ( See pics in earlier thread ) There is about 3/8 inch space left under front of scope. I like my scope as close to barrel as I can get it. My rings are std. If low will fit, I will try to trade for them...if anyone has any!
    Thanks John
    Don't have the answer John but I'll be standing by too for it... hopefully. I prefer the scope close to the bore, have the same power, dimensions scope except mine's a Nikon and i just picked up my Savage 14 American Classic in 7mm-08 tonight. A perfect beauty of a rifle!

Eastman

114 American Classic

Thanks for the reply Roger. I'll come back on in the morning and see if there's any info. Which Nikon you got...Bucksmasters? Can you post pics of your rifle please, Would love to see it.
    Thanks, John.