I agree with Thomae... one shot one kill. No hyper-velocity round will match the accuracy of standard or sub-sonic. But every rifle is different, so test different ammo. I use Wolf MT and Fed510 in my TRR-SR and CZ453, respectively; each likes its own ammo. If I can't put 5 shots in .125 at 25yds or .3-.5 at 50yds, why bother (of course there are flyers). 100yds accuracy? I don't shoot squirrels at 100yds. I rather come home with two headshot squirrels (one shot each) than my limit with mostly gutshot or multiple-shot animals while losing 1-2 that crawled away wounded. I don't think much of someone using CCI Minimags and hitting a squirrel anywhere in the torso or head and blowing it in half. Why not use a .22-250? To me it's a sport, I'm not subsistence hunting. I know everyone has different funds but save for a good setup for whatever purpose. Don't expect a $150 Savage from Walmart with $10 rings and a $39 scope to perform like a $500-$700 package. I also hunt with a Remington 514, open sights, but I know the rifle's limitations.