Quote Originally Posted by bootsmcguire
Savage site lists the 10PC at 7lbs and the Max-1 at 8.25lbs, but I can't see that the 2" barrel difference would be that much.
Savage's listing for the weight of the 10PC is incorrect. I have both the .223 and .308 versions of the 10PC and they both weigh over 8# dry. There was an article somewhere about this weight discrepancy as well. Can't remember the site though.

I enjoy both of my 10PCs. Accuracy out to 400-500 is just peachy, though I can't speak to any futher than that. Both are, as should be expected, very BBL heavy. My wife cannot shoulder the 10PC as is, but neither is she particularly strong. Handling on a bi-pod, rest, etc. is quite quick, however.

The biggest 'con' is the accustock. In this case I am not referring to accuracy (which has been quite acceptable), but putting things back together after breaking down the gun. I feel like the proverbial monkey/football when fiddling with that damn wedge thing. I loath it so much, I am re-stocking one of the rifles just to be done with it.