Quote Originally Posted by Grit #1
READ READ READ. Get a Hornaday 3rd Addition, read Precision Shooting Mag. Handloader Mag. Get a Sinclair International catalog read it study it cover to cover. Call them, ask for Bob if you have questions, he is a seasoned benchresr shooter who loves to talk..
Best regards,
Grit

Have been doing TONS of reading and research... I am now loking for experianced reloaders to help me before I actually get started...

Quote Originally Posted by dcloco
The 162 Amax will do perfect on a White Tail. Just shot a 275+ pound 6x5 Mulie last weekend at 225 yards with this bullet in my Savage 7 Rem Magnum. No exit and plenty of thump to take the bruiser down.

Although, the AMax is not designed as hunting bullet. It WILL do considerable damage on smaller deer.
Yeah, it was not until early this morning as I was doing more research that I realized the A-Max was not designed as a game bullet... I have no doubt it will cleanly kill a whitetail, but I am looking for a dual purpose bullet, and I would not concider using it on Elk...

I recieved my RCBS kit yesterday... Read through the manual last night... Today I will probably get everything setup and read through it again...

I am almost set to start ordering components and dies, I think I will start with the 25-06 for now, and work on the 7mm later... I am leaning towards Redding Comp style dies, with Berger VLDs for the 25-06 and 160 Accubonds for the 7mm...