I built a 260 on a Savage LA which started out in life as a 300 Win Mag. I kept the original trigger and built my rifle. It shot well, but not as well as I thought it should have. It was always about 1 MOA, maybe slightly less, but never impressive. The trigger always felt a little tough, although it was adjusted down as far as it would go. I never realized it was a "hunting" trigger and consequently the spring was a little stiffer than the other Savage springs.

I tried to buy one from Savage but I had to write a letter saying I wouldn't hold them responsible if anything happened, and it was a minimum order of $10, although the springs were only $2 each. I called SSS and they had the Varmint spring for $5, so I purchased one and installed it the other day. Today I took the rifle to the range.

I would never have thought a simple trigger spring could make such a difference. Today, off a bipod, I put six shots into .45"! It would constantly shoot into virtually the same hole. Only difference from previous outings was today I had the lighter spring installed. What a difference it's made. It's like a new rifle.

I would never have thought there would be such a difference, especially when I'm so careful of my trigger pull, but there was. Amazing!