Well it looks like I got a few other questions answered before I asked them. Thanks for the most valuable info especially the links to other info on this site. One of these days I'll remember to use the search feature... one of these days. Both of my Savages are bolt rifles - a 30.06 & a 270 win. They are my most favorite rifles I own. They're dead nut accurate although, I'm still trying to come up with a bullet / load combo to make my '06 happy. I zero my scopes to 200 yds. & use the 100 yd. line for testing bullets & the like. Recently, I took some info I found on this site & started loading 180 grain Nosler BT's and I'm looking to go to maybe 200gr or 220 gr bullets. I've had excellent results with the Nosler BT's. I think the attempted goal here may be to have a .270 with lower grain bullets & the '06 with heavier grain bullets. My 270 loves 130 gr. Noslers. As soon as I figure out how to put up a photo, I'll show everyone a few targets I have in my bullet room. As for my 30.06, It's not as easy to make happy. So far the best I can come up with are 1in. groups - maybe a little smaller. That was with 168 gr. Noslers. I guess I just need to keep on experimenting. My concern & curiosity was about getting as much life out of the brass as possible without getting into trouble.
While we're on the subject, I recently saw some info on Barnes TTSX (blue tip) bullets. The advertisment said to start at least .050 back & work from there. Some of the comments from users were quite impressive. Has anyone here had any experience with them. I'm thinking about trying one of those sampler packs I see advertised in the magazines. Anyone want to throw their 2 cents in the hat?
Thanx To All,
Frank