Some quick thoughts over what you have responded with:

Fiber optic sights work really great in combat shooting for quick acquisition and using basically the front sight as the main referent. As light fades they become large dark blobs and you lose some of the "fineness" of a front sight.

I used to use a multiple hole aperture in target shooting. This allowed me to dial in what I needed. The smaller the aperture the greater the field of view and the sharper the front sight.
Alternatively, changing the aperture on a William sight is so easy that you could carry a smaller one for bright, bright conditions and a ghost ring to sub in darker conditions. Takes about 10 sec. to change out. With a Williams you can also remove the apertures entirely and use the threaded portion as a large ghost ring.

BTW there is a coyote alive in south Texas because I had a target aperture in a rifle when dawn was just breaking. Everything dissapeared when I looked through the sight. In afterthought that would be a 50+ yr old coyote. Hope he had a long life full of rabbits.