Thanks for the threads espeacily the part about lapping the bolt. I sent this gun back to savage once because of ejector problems and vertical
stringing. Savage replaced apart in the gun just had part # then they shot 125gr balistic tip at 1/2 inch. I really didn't buy this gun longrange hunter 1-8twist to shoot that light of bullet, I all ready have mod 70 with 1-10 twist that does that. I wanted longer range balistics like with berger 140vld or the hornady 140 or sie btspt 140 prefer bergers. My first savage f-class 6.5x284 went back because six inches of rifling was missing about half way down barrel. The one they sent back is a tack driver 1/2 inch groups with all kinds of loads but some shoot .2 more often than not.
I bought 7-08 youth model for my daughter it shoots under 1inch using varget powder. I know savage is a good company I like there guns and what there doing. But I thought they would have look at my gun a little closer the piting at back of recoil lug bothers me. This rifle also builds preasure before before all load data buy at least 2gr. with most powders. It will shoot under an inch though just tempermental, a lot of that could be me not as steady as I used to be. Thank-You for your help kind of new to this game.