Hey Torque,
I'm new here on this board but have had my 10ML II almost since they came out. Previously (I still have it...) I had a 1986 or so Knight Black Knight basic inline muzzleloader. That gun would shoot about whatever I put through it accurately.

..........not so with the 10ML II. I damn near turned it into a jack handle I was so frustrated with this thing. At the time I was extremely leary of using ANY smokeless powder in this gun even though it was advertised as such. Flinging bullets all over the paper, keyholing, failure to ignite, and the worst and STILL most frustrating thing of all --- I almost have to keep a rawhide mallet with me to pound the primer out, drives me crazy. AND YES before any smart alecks just in with "clean the plug, vent liner, etc" all that is done every time I shoot.

NOW......that being said you CAN develop good loads for this rifle but it's gonna depend on what YOUR rifle likes. Mine happens to shoot 3" groups at 100yds with two pyrodex pellets, green sabots, and .44 calibre bullets. Put granular pyrodex in it and forget it, all over the target. You just have to work with it a bit although it escapes me WHY this particular gun is so damn picky!

After finding this forum I have full intentions of getting the proper and recommended (NOW....) bullets/sabots and the recommended powder and flingin some bullets downrange. When I bought my 10ML II one of the recommended powders was 4227 and I don't see that being mentioned anymore --- anyone tell me why????

Nice gun but VERY touchy. Anyone wanna trade for a 45-70???

Just my .01 worth

Art