well since ya'll allready derailed it ;D...

Do you happen to know the most "inherently accurate" cartridge of the Big Sevens (7mm STW or in that ballpark)?

I have learned that, generally speaking, the shorter fatter cartridges are supperior in accuracy and efficiency, but in the world of long range hunting there are other things to consider like combatting the wind and delivering energy to targets at long ranges. For these reasons, the magnum type cartridges are a favorite, more so with hunters than competition shooters.

I had my mind made up on the 7mm WSM for a future build, but recently have learned to consider the 7mm STW due to the added ~200 fps for fighting wind, drift, etc. and delivering energy. The advantages I have as a hunter vs a comp. shooter are a muzzle break and limited shooting. I don't care about recoil or barrel life. I just want the best odds of delivering a well placed shot (about 8") at 1000-1500 yards in whatever conditions the hunt throws at me!

Can you help me balance that fine-line scale of "barrel accuracy" vs "bullet speed" for best hit probability in the elements?

Control Variable=180 gr Berger Hunting VLD