Eric in NC

95% of BLO - boiled linseed oil made in the U.S. is toxic and yet across the border in Canada it is not.
Here in the U.S. we used trichloroethylene in vapor degreasers and again it was banned in Canada and Europe as a carcinogenic agent.
As a inspector at a government overhaul depot we had to send machine shop lathes and milling machines to a toxic waste dump because they were contaminated with PCBs. PCB put in lubricating oil to prevent paying for its disposal by the companies that made it.

What I stated in my earlier posting has nothing to do with "sloppy technique and careless behavior" it deals with companies dumping toxic materials in their products to avoid paying to dispose of them properly.

Government deregulation means money paid under the table to politicians to ensure more and higher profits for the people at the top of the food chain.

Real BLO is raw linseed oil boiled in a enclosed container which causes the linseed oil to form long molecular chains (plasticizing) and this boiled linseed oil could be applied bare handed. Todays U.S. made BLO is raw linseed oil with resins added to thicken and as bonding agent and drying agents which are toxic.

Below MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) information for American made BLO and its warnings and contents.

Skin Protection: Prevent skin contact. Wear chemical-resistant flexible-type gloves(neoprene, PVC, butyl, nitrile or similar). Depending on conditions of use additional protective equipment may be necessary such as face-shield, apron or coveralls.

============= Composition/Information on Ingredients=============

Ingred Name:COBALT NEODECANOATE
CAS:27253-31-2
< Wt:.05
OSHA PEL:0.05 MG/M3

Ingred Name:COBALT 2-ETHYLHEXANOATE
CAS:136-52-7
ACGIH TLV:0.05 MG/M3

Ingred Name:MINERAL SPIRITS
CAS:8052-41-3
RTECS #:WJ8925000
OSHA PEL:2100 PPM
ACGIH TLV:525 MG/M3;100 PPM

Ingred Name DIETHYLENE GLYCOL MONOMETHYL ETHER
CAS:111-77-3
RTECS #:KL6125000

Ingred Name:MANGANESE NEODEOENOATE
CAS:27253-32-3
< Wt:.01
OSHA PEL:5 MG/M3
ACGIH TLV:5 MG/M3

Ingred Name:MANGANESE 2-ETHYLHEXANOATE
CAS:15956-58-8
< Wt:.01
ACGIH TLV:5 MG/M3

Eric in NC, as an Inspector I spent the last 15 years of my working career inspecting the materials our goverment purchased and resurching these products for safety. When home heating oil has to sent to a test lab to check for toxic chemicals to see if these companies are dumping toxic waste materials, then it has nothing to do with "sloppy technique and careless behavior" it called "dumping".