I have the Mark II BSEV. I also have a .308 Savage with a "Law Enforcement" type stock (10FCP-HS). Savage does make a Mark II with a similar stock to my .308, but it seemed like a soft wood which was painted black. So I went with the BSEV stock. As it is laminated I don't expect issues with the warpage, and I am very happy with the finish and looks, although it will be difficult to sneak up on anything!

As I understand it, Savage is noted for accuracy without spending a lot of $$$. Many companies make .22 rifles, but most do not have good triggers, .....unless you spend $$$$. I also have a Browning BLR lever action .308. After using the Savage for a few months, i tried the Browning again. I thought of asking for a crow-bar to get that trigger back! Big difference!

If you get the BSEV, remember to try is with your ear muffs on. I needed to go to tall scope mounts so my ear muff would clear the stock.

[img width=600 height=450]http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa323/Warthogx0/Savage_MarkII-BSEV_22LR_1.jpg[/img]