Update:
After doing all the stuff I discussed in the last post, I disassembled the bolt and polished the living daylights out of all contact surfaces, and when I reassembled everything, the trigger pull is now somewhere between 1 and 1.5 pounds. (After my last post it was just above 1.5 pounds)
Sorry about the imprecise trigger pull measurements, but I have a set of trigger weights designed for testing competition triggers to make sure they are above the minimum, but they don't tell you exactly what the trigger pull is (Basically a trigger pull go/no-go gauge.)

...and, yes, I had to loosen the setscrew and remove the trigger spring to take out the bolt. If I used a stronger spring with fewer windings, perhaps I would not have to remove the spring. Not sure.

Also, I didn't lighten the striker as suggested in the link I posted in my previous post.
I did polish the firing pin, however until the contact surfaces were mirror bright.
I lubed the bolt spring and contact surfaces with antiseize, and coated it all with a light coat of CLP and wiped off the excess.

Now to figure out what ammo this beast likes and see if I can shoot flies eyes at 50 yards!

Take care of yourselves and be SAFE!