I did a hit and run on this one and forgot to notify.

I was just curious on everybody else's opinions.
I know what I like, IE not really confused, and I have hunted with a lot of different calibers.

IMO, I think two of the best for the southeast are the 6.8 spc for a light recoil hard hitting round,
and either a 25-06 or a 270. I shoot the 270 because I already reload for the 6.8 and
the 95 gr TTSX bullet is a sledge hammer. If I was out west hunting elk I would use a different round
like a 300 or a 338 etc. In AK a 375 or 416.

Yep I just had a real heavy hitter set up.
458 win mag.
I really wanted to know if I could handle it more than anything else, and after a few months with it, no problems. I could probably handle a 458 lott but that would be about it. My daughter was going to Africa but that did not work out.

I had the 458 win mag loaded long with 600 grain barnes solids over a full case of H4895.
Figured it was about 65# of recoil as my rifle weighed 10#.
One afternoon I shot 10 hot rounds of 300 gr loads followed by 10 rounds of 600 grainers most off a bench.

After I got it sighted in with the 600 grainers on a bench which was rather challenging, I shot the rest standing which was no big deal.

Cant say enough good things about the duromax stock, because I was not sore at all.
On the flip side a box of shells through my old 444SS would leave me black and blue.