Now if'n ya wanna cheat......

I only done this once ,wasn't my rifle and didn't think of taking pictures, but...

You'll need a drill, tap and two 6-32 or 8 -32 set screws an 1/8" long. (I used brass). Drill and tap each side of the rear baffle as close on horizontal center as you can get (careful of the detent ball on the right side) deep enough for the set screws to turn in flush. Start with a starter tap and then a bottom so you can go only as deep as necessary. Apply some 242 (blue) Loctite on the threads then run the screws in flush. Now setup the action, measure the PE and adjust the set screws out equally on both sides. You can do that by trail and error or by an actual measurement.

It accomplishes the same thing as shortening the bolt body by allowing the lug on the bolt handle to contact the PE cam earlier. It also eliminates the possibility of having to modify the notch in the action for the bolt handle if its moved too far forward and in the future if a new bolthead or bolt handle is installed it can be readjusted or the set screws removed if need be.

Bill

Bill