I cut the recoil pad, plus 3/4" of the stock off the back of my B & C Medalist Tactical, dropped the heal 3/4", epoxy-ed & screwed it back on, & found everything to be "solid fiberglass" covered in gellcoat. I also contoured the cheek rest, dropping the toe 1/2", & contoured it to match the Ross Thumbhole stock, & found everything to be "solid fiberglass" covered in gell coat. I regell coated this area & painted it. I laid my palm & thumb on the grip, outlined it with a "sharpie", sanded it down until my grip was as comfortable as a "thumbhole" stock, going down 1/2" in some places, & found everything to be "solid fiberglass" covered in gell coat. I regell coated & painted this area.

In the future, I plan to use this process to convert a tactical into a sporter shape because I like the bedding block & aluminum frame, although I know it will be heavy. In doing this, I expect to find solid fiberglass, but if I should encounter "foam" I will let all of you know .

I'm sorry, but I don't do pictures yet, but when I do, I will post some.

This is @ least the second time in the recent past I have posted this information, & my advise to anyone who wants to cut or sand on your B & C Meadlist Tactical, within reason, feel free to do so. Good Luck-Good Shooting :) - Jim