No offense taken Sir.

I'm not that knowledgeable but, with respect to the setbacks you're LRH's been displaying, I can tell you that
I've been there and done that.

The only difference was the brand name of the rifle. (Remington 700 BDL in 17 Remington cal.)

Only after changing the scope, pillar bedding, floating the barrel and changing the trigger did it finally start shooting
the way we rifle shooter dream of having our rifles shoot.

With this rifle I can now shoot the fore-skin off a sexually aroused mosquito at 200 yards. If I were shooting incendiary loads out of this rifle, I could cauterize the wound and still leave that mosquito with a fully functional erection.

OK, that's an over the top exaggeration but, you know what I mean. It always feels good to have an accurate shooting rifle. It makes it feel like you made an excellent choice when you bought the rifle and your money was well spent.

These frustrating setbacks that we get from time to time; the ones that have us spending alot of additional time or money trying to figure them out can be some real weeny-shrinkers.

When we finally figure them out though, it makes for some good story telling around the camp fire.

HollowPoint