Quote Originally Posted by KRP
Quote Originally Posted by kdvarmint
Quote Originally Posted by KRP
What's wrong with the Amax you are already shooting?
Nothing really. Just always open to advise. Plan to stay with it unless I find something that groups tighter. Working with that load now to try and tighten it up a little. I'm not the master loader by any means, just a continual work in progress.
I've shot rockchucks at 850 with the 87 Vmax out of a 6BR...haven't made a connection at 1000 with them yet, not due to any fault of the bullet. I questioned the problem with the 105 Amax because I've got two new 6BR builds(finished one today actually) that I intend to use them in for long range varmints.
Like I said I chose the 105s for bucking the wind and more carried energy. What I wondered was if a lighter bullet might better suited to the caliber. Haven't had as tight of groups as I want to see, but, have copper fouling build up in the barrel that I've been working on to get out. I learn as I go and learned of this build up thing a little later in the game than I wish. I thought I was "cleaning" good until I read about shining a light down the barrel. "Surprise!" I got my 308 last year and have kept after it pretty good. Doesn't take real long to clean it. But the 243 has had a lot of rounds through it without a proper cleaning, now I'm paying the price. Overall been satisfied with the 105s. Been using Butches Bore Shine and have been hesitant, but starting to work with Sweet's 7.62.