Quote Originally Posted by Burnin-Powder
What do i need to know before trying this? Will all models savage fit? Yes and no. You have a .270 so all standard shank barrels will fit your action. There is a large shank receiver and it is for your WSM calibers. I have a 110 in 270win. and i would just like to try this. I know to used a cartridge that is .473". Can i put a short cartridge like a 22-250 on my 110?? Yes, you can use a barrel from a short action on a long action receiver. I am fixing to build a .308 on a long action because I am setting the gun up to shoot 208gr bullets. I am having the throat of the barrel cut to accept a round with an OAL of around 3.00". That length will not fit the standard short action magazine, that is why I am going with a long action. You shouldn't have any problem going from the .270 to a 22-250. Are the ER Shaw barrel kits any good? or should i just buy a barrel, a wrench,etc? Is the Stevens barrels i read about the same, do they work on a savage? Yes Stevens barrels are the same as the Savage. The Stevens is nothing but an older pre-accutrigger Savage.