I don't think the brush is the issue. I'm mostly using a nylon brush and it still comes out dirty after scrubbing like crazy with the nylon.

Maybe I will plug one end and fill it up with shooters choice. That sounds easy enough on an unmounted barrel. It sounds like the quad 0 steel wool could be an option in the end if it's still dirty. Maybe I'll shoot it once first to see how it behaves down range.

I have read about people using Power Tune cleaner and also some carb cleaner that is made my GM. I may try to add some of that to my cleaning arsenal.

WYcoyote, you bring up something I never though of... maybe this barrel did see moly. I took a picture to show you all what it was and is now. Some of the patches did look more medium grey and not so black... That probalby is moly (I never really used it).

In this picture, the patch on the left is an older one when it was really black. The one on the right is one from tonight.

[img width=600 height=398]http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq99/SirJeepenstein/DSC_0067.jpg[/img]

So far the scrubbing is working... it IS better than it was!