My wife's first rifle was a Featherweight Win M70 in .243 after she was on a dog-drive deer stand in an AL clearcut in around 1987. It had a Ramline stock fitted for the Gun Dealers 14 yr old son. She slayed a bunch on deer with it, then 6 as an anniversary present she got a Ruger 7mm-08 SS Compact that she's taken some morew der with! The Youth-size M70- my nephew took is first deer with it, and with our family being 1K miles apart, next time we planned a family event- he'd grown about a foot+ and was young man. Mid-South Shooters had a sale on RAm-line stocks for $78.00 and O ordered one for him. When he showed up with the rifle(my wife had given it to him 5 yrs. before) in 10 minutes we swapped stocks. 15 minutes later had the rifle re- zeroed with the original handloads he got before and he was in a stand! Cheaper-Than-Dirt/Sportsmans Guide/ Mid- South Shooters/Midway/Graf's allhad deals recently on stocks cheap enough to swap and cut/experiment with for not too mant bucks! As an NRA member-many thanks for promoting shooting in your family!