I've been using both Win. .284 and Lapua brass (necking up 6.5x284). Some of my most accurate loads have been obtained using Win. WLR primers. I checked the diameter of the WLR's and they're .001" smaller than Fed 210M. So, I started using the 210M's and I was still getting good accuracy. A few loadings later, those 210M's were pressing into the pocket way too easily. And forget about trying to use a WLR after using the 210M. The Win. brass was shooting great also but I thought maybe the Lapua brass would hold up better in the primer pocket...it hasn't.

Tonight I loaded a batch of new Lapua brass using the WLR primers. I loaded 15 rounds at 50.5 grs. After firing these I will be checking the primer pocket dimensions and seeing how easily the WLR primers seat after one firing.

I don't own a chrono, so I don't know the velocity. My chamber was reamed using a .284 match reamer so it is definitely on the small side.

Tammons: It's funny you mention 52 grs. of RL-17. I developed that same exact load using the 162 gr Amax and it shot a 3/4" 5 shot group at 400 yds but became too hot for my tastes when the temps went above 40 degrees. I tried dropping the charge weight to 50, 50.3, 50.5, 51, 51.5 and couldn't get anywhere near the accuracy this barrel is capable of. This sucker really seems to shoot its' best at higher pressures.

Thanks for all of the replies!

Kevin