I bought a brand new Savage model 64 F at WalMart a little over a month ago. I have had absolutely NO problems with it whatsoever. I have owned several rimfires in the past and this model 64 has been the best one I have ever owned. I bought a new case ,3 new mags from the factory, and a new CENTER POINT 4x16x40 scope for it.I have had several people say they would have bought a Ruger or Marlin or I was throwing money away on the scope I bought,but hey....I am the one that paid for it and so fr am more than happy with both items. The trigger on it breaks clean at bout 3-4 pounds and it holds zero on the scope. I have fired about 250 rounds of ammo of various kinds through it. I have had a couple of FTF on some old Remington bulk ammo that sat in the back of DICKS Sporting Goods warehouse for about 5 years. I believe that is the ammo though because I have seen a few dented cases and rough marks on the bullets.I bought a second Savage model 93R17 this past week. I so far am sold on Savage.