The recoil lug was replaced with an aftermarket and the lug area was relieved and bedded. The lug was taped for clearance. It is going to be hard to determine true contact with a sharpie as just getting the action in the stock will more than likely cause contact due to the tight fit. I will try and see.

When i bought the gun, the bolt was hard to get released from the action and i just assumed that this was normal and also the bolt would rub the safety if cycled fast. All this was with the factory barrel, before i put the shilen on. The only thing that changed when i put the shilen on and aftermarket recoil lug was the problem was accentuated and now the bolt is sticky midway through the action.
I was thinking it was the rear of the action that is out of whack and that this might be a left to right problem rather than front to back. But i know nothing and that was just my guess.

Also, when i bedded the action/lug, after i set the stock in, i only tightened the screws to just the feel of resitance and wrapped the action in surgical tubing. This scared me as i was scared the action and lug would float in the epoxy instead of squeezing it out and really bedding in. is there a better procedure for this, and should i tighten th e action screws down more?