I had my long range rifle made out of a model 10 .308. Savagegunsmithing did the work and the result was more than excellent.

The smith, Scott, holds the unofficial worlds record, shot by one of his customers on a Savage. The guy put 10 shots into 24 inches at 3000 yds. It was a club shoot, not and NRA sponsored shoot. Scott designed the bullets and had them CNC machined from bronze metal

This guy builds the best long range Savage rifles I have seen. If your looking for a great long range Savage, Check this guys rifles out. He will also get you the rifle, any scope, mounts and rings at wholesale if you have him do one of his accuracy jobs. He is one of the few Mastergunsmiths left.

There is no rifle better than a properly set up savage for long range shooting. You can spend really big bucks on a custom made action, and it's just a waste of money. It's precision machining of the action, mated with a top quality barrel fitted perfectly to the right stock. It's still not cheap, but cost far less to have a winning Savage rifle built than a full custom. Savage rifles simply are the best.

John K