As collectors go I don't think it is one. As mentioned the furniture is pretty bad, and the forend is probably not correct to the gun at all. Since then I stuck a light in the bore and had a look. You can tell it has rifling, but unless there is massive lead fouling (have not tried any cleaning yet) "had" rifling is probably a more correct description. Some modern reproduction 99 furniture was ordered for it. I was going to brush and clean and shoot, but I am afraid the stock might split (further) and cause a minor injury. I'll wait for the new wood. The existing furniture can always be kept with the rifle. I may change my mind after I get it out to the range and shoot it, but the fellow who brought it to me to look at said it was strictly a hundred yard gun. Since there aren't many options for 303 Savage ammunition I expect I'll just see what it does with the ancient rounds he brought with it first. No, I'm not going to hand load for it, but it did occur to me if he wanted to with its rotary magazine he could use a modern bullet with a decent BC.