Quote Originally Posted by KMW1954 View Post
Finding this rather ironic after you Haha'ed my 6ARC Bolt rifle a couple month ago.. Just serves to show the different strokes/folks!
To correct the record, I didn't "haha" your 6mm AARC, just questioned why one would want to build it in a bolt gun when there are superior cartridges out there that are compatible with bolt guns, and as you'll recall once you explained your reasons I understood.

In any event, this wasn't a huge surprise to me and definitely not the first time I've tested the RPM limits of the jacket of a bullet. Given this particular barrel is a 1-8" twist and the increased velocity offered by the 22-250AI it takes a pretty thick jacket to stand up to the centrifugal force trying to pull the bullet apart at such a high RPM. I've shot quite a few boxes of 52 and 53gr match bullets through this barrel at between 3600 and 3700fps and they held together fine, so lighter bullets with the faster twist are feasible if they have a sufficient jacket. This particular bullet clearly just has a thinner jacket just like the old 52gr Speer's that would gray mist out of my 14" standard 22-250 Rem Savage Striker barrel.