Did not use the "88 cent thrust bearing" as a thrust bearing, just used the races as washers to kick up preload of flatwound spring.
I used the 1/4" Ceramic ball for the larger contact radius over a 5/32" ball. Milled into the 38 case head with a carbide dremel bit.

Pin will rattle easily. Doesn't seem to rubbing finish on pin.
Pin diameter is 0.068". Bolt head (is not bushed) will pass a 0.071"(-) gaging pin but not a 0.072"(-). Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pin-Diameter.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	10562
Clearance is about 0.003+"

I LIKE the Ceramic ball/Carbide tip much more than the "Thrust Bearing Lift kit".
Not having great machining capabilities at home, the $17 carbide tip was easier.
It is not highly polished and won't show fringes with an optical flat. With no race under it I have about 0.080" recess, one race about 0.030" recess and with 2 races under the mic tip it protrudes about 0.020". The 10mm races fit nicely in the hollow of the BAS.

I drilled the cocking piece for a little shorter pin length.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pin-threads.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	10563
Pin fall will be a little more with the 1/4x28 set screw mod but I will have to check for bottom contact.

Pin protrusion could be adjusted down to 0.040" or 1/4 turn less about 0.031".
Shaved about 0.005" off the forward end of the pin adjusting nut, 1/4 turn and ended up with 0.035" to 0.036".

I went back a few years worth of posts for these modifications.
Working on reading the entire forum :)