I made several jigs to hold the raw blank at an angle. One for running the stock blank over a dado blade for the frame and another for running the forend over the dado blade. Then another for holding the stock blank at the correct angle on the drill press and a router jig for running the barrel channel in the forends. I made sort of quick and dirty jigs and used pony clamps go hold the blank in place. It was a little tricky but it worked well. I had trouble keeping a long 1/4" bit from drifting when finishing out the draw-bolt hole but mostly that worked pretty well, also. I didn't get any pics of the process but I'll see if I can stage things to get some pics to demo my process.
I realized that I should try to make a few blanks for grip sets while I'm messing with it so I may turn one of the stock blanks into a couple of grip sets.
For what it's worth, I'll probably have extra blanks to sell off, just square hunks inletted. I don't think I want to try to shape and finish all of these, though I could probably sell them once they're done. :)