Well, I did some load work with these tipped Sierras today. I started with the BRM. I got acceptable accuracy but decided not to waste more time or bullets since it previously didn't do its best with sharp-heeled boattailed bullets. Remembering I had an open bag of new Starline 30-30 brass on my loading desk, I decided to give the 6.5 Bullberry a whirl.

I lubed a batch of cases, ran them into a Pacific Durachrome 30-30 neck die to remove imperfections and true the necks and then ran them into a full-length Redding 6.5 BB die with the decapping assembly removed. Next, I ran them into a neck-size die. Doing them this way minimizes the creation of the false shoulder or doughnut. I then trimmed, chamferered and deburred.

I started and ended with SW Precision powder. The accuracy was exceptional. The first three still showed a good bit of sooting on the neck, indicating the load was rather mild and not developing enough pressure to fully seal. I bumped it up a half-grain and then another 0.3 and was rewarded with the same type of gilt-edged accuracy at each level.

Now I just need some cooperative swine so I can check terminal performance...

Below are three of the loads in newly-formed Starline brass. Please pardon the low-rez (and canted!) phone picture. I don't get along too well with the phone camera ha ha...