Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
You would hunt with a .30-06 at 1 mile?

NO., no… of course not. If you look at my past posting you’ll find I couldn’t be more against that notion!

I was was referring to simply target shooting we would do. My hunting rifle at the time(Savage 111..Always been a Savage!), was my most accurate. I wasn’t so big in Benchrest target, ir long range shooting back then. My good friend & I on times we’d be out camping in the desert and there wasn’t much for Varmint hunting going on, we’d pick a target car off across this r that canyon. A Rock, or a Cactus… whatever.

One other thing, as I’ve said on many a time: shooting out to a Mile is no joke! Even for experienced shooters. I know there are those talking about how easy it is, but anyone can easily go look at video after video of very competent marksmen shooting at a true 1-mile or further. There shots are all over the place! Hit, Miss, Miss, Miss, Miss, Hit, Hit, Miss, Miss, Miss, Hit, Miss… etc! Very rarely will you see someone be able to do three consecutive hits on 36” Target… which is 2MOA, let alone close to 1MOA (just over 18”). It is seriously difficult! When I’m speaking of a cartridge effectively being able to engage a target at 1-Mile, I’m simply referring to the ballistics. Certainly not my ability.