Quote Originally Posted by South Prairie jim View Post
Well, anyone can look at the equipment list for most IBS sanctioned events where 6mm are dominate. I shoot long range Benchrest, I started with a 6 br and now shoot the 6BRA, once in a while someone will shoot a 6.5 Lapua and of course the heavy guns are mainly 300 mag of some variant but oddly we don’t see a Creedmoor on our line. We all share pit duty therefore we all get to see the targets being shot. I did have a buddy that shot a CM at 600, it shot very well just not as well as the 6 mm.
That may very well be the case.... but a popularity contest does not equal it being a fact. Change the rules of the game and you would probably be looking at a completely different outcome. Take away sighters/ change the time format/ shoot in poor conditions and it would probably change who the new hot girl is. But when you play a specific game you are going to adapt to what works best for those rules. I look at it kind of like dirtbikes..... everyone makes a 250cc and a 450cc-- even though there's nothing magical about those sizes-- but people decided the classes and that determined the outcome. I shoot 6br to 1000- as well as 6.5 cm (not a creedmoor fan boy- actually was in the 260 rem camp- until I found an amazing deal on a 6.5) but for 1000 yard shooting I wouldn't say either is proven better.