Im a big fan of set and forget one and done burris or leupold dual dovetail rings and bases, though Burris doesnt offer them anymore.
They provide plenty of clearance over the ejection port for cleaning, and maintenance a minimalist clean appearance, and hold zero no matter what.
I also have standard leupold and burris bases and rings and they work very well also.

With the shorter tubes on more recent scopes sometimes the 2 piece are a little further apart than the scope tube and i have to go another route.
Except on an MSR I hate picatinny and weaver style rails especially the EGW rails.
The base on them is way to thick and sets the scope up too high off the action. And then with their length they are basically useless unless causing the ocular and objective bells or focus to make contact with the rail unless youre willing to forego a cheek weld and use them in conjunction with high rings.
I have several ive had to cut down several to meet my needs. Egw also uses hex head screws that are prone to stripping even with.moderate torque.
Yep no EGW on purpose if i can help it been there done that.
I have a set of badger ordinance high rings on a badger pic rail on a 700 varminter that are supposed to be bomb proof but that rifle has a cheek riser.
Weaver grand slam steel rings and bases work well on some of my older stuff with a longer tube.
I like the burris signature Z quick release MSR mounts and have several.
Sure wish theyd make dual dovetails with double offset. Id get a couple sets for the parts box.