Quote Originally Posted by TENN View Post
Handled this model in 243 yesterday at Bud’s in Sevierville, TN. Full retail of four figures on the price tag whereas the website list this rifle for about $750 and free shipping with AI mags. Someone here said the AI mags were far better than anything Savage makes in house.

With the full length and unfluted barrel the balance was actually quite nice for me, although slight muzzle heavy. It was so slight I could see a scope bringing the balance back to the barrel nut area. Flutes or CF would make this rifle handle very well for me.

I also looked at the Kiui(I think that’s right) model in 300 WM, 30.06 and 6.5. Longer heavy barrel but with flutes. I really liked this model, but balance was slightly heavier at muzzle than Predator. This one also takes a savage magazine. One 300 had a bolt that would stick at the rear like it wanted to release from the action, even though the bolt release had not been touched. Counter guy had to do a trick with two hands I couldn’t make out to release the bolt, and then he could repeat the issues all over. He said there was a problem with trigger group and that it had to be worked on. I couldn’t duplicate this issue with the other ten or so Impulses n the rack.

Being ambidextrous is a huge selling point for me. id love to have one of these, but I’m still leaning towards the Axis in 6.5 so I have a knock around rifle. We shall see.

Barrels can move from Axis to 110 to Impulse as long as barrel nut/lug dimensions are all the same, correct?
The Impulse comes in seven models now. https://savagearms.com/impulse
One key feature that sets the Impulse models apart from the rest, is that it has a barrel extension to make changing barrel assy's a breeze.
Once head spaced, you can swap barrel assy's in minutes, as long as the cartridge has the same rim diameter as the bolt head.
The Predator uses a .473" bolt head, so any short action cartridge in the .308 family will work.

SJC