Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
That’s a fair point. But that wasn’t your argument. You simply said we were “Turn Bolt Fanatics using 200 year old rifle technology.” And I simply answered that the Straight Pull is 150 year old technology.

But now you are changing your argument to the Impulse being able to work correctly out of the box & the 110 will not, correct? Well, the 110 may have issues & it may not. However, what we know is all issues, whatever they may be, can be remedied. And it stands to reason than many more Savage 110’s function just fine when new, than those which have problems. If you are happy with your out of the box Impulse, I’m happy for you. I would not be. I’m quite happy with my hand built & extensively modified Model 10. With its wonderful 200 year old Turn Bolt it functions beautifully. Having minimal bolt lift which cost me little more than my time working on it. Not to mention all modifications performed were a pleasure for me, as I look at the hands on aspect as being part of the hobby. I know you have also performed modifications to your Impulse. And I commend you for it. I’m not against the Impulse. It simply does nothing for me. It’s just not a 110. Doesn’t have the rich history & extensive background of the 110. Being the oldest rifle still produced in the United States. Having seen extensive combat. And being the first rifle to utilize a barrel nut. A system so long being frowned upon, and now many franchises taking advantage of the same system. All these things mean something to me.

But it’s ok if we disagree. I only ask that you take care in spreading incorrect historical tech.
Savage has been producing the 110 since 1959 and you still need to upgrade a brand new rifle ?
They finally go it right in 2021 with the Impulse Predator.
Straight pull
Ambidextrous bolt handle
AICS magazine
Quick change barrel system
Fixed ejector

Straight pull design has been around awhile, but the design has improved, not stayed the same.
What has changed with bolt rifles, Less degree of bolt throw to make it more like a straight pull ?
The model 110 had to start somewhere and now the Impulse has taken the reigns to bring Savage into the future.
Long live Savage.

SJC